Saturday, October 28, 2017

I Am Cured!

Sweet glory, I am healed!

2 weeks early of my release from medical restrictions, I broke free of my constraints... and ran, not jogged, but ran.

The golf cart that had been shuttling us twice a day to our beloved Boonies for our dog runs stalled out on me again on the trails.  I could've walked home as it's forced me to do before, but this time...

...the normally sedate Peter decided to tear off through the woods after another dog.  He's quite protective of us, but rabidly so of his little buddy.
Grossly underestimating his zeal, I plodded on to the Boonies, expecting him to return shortly.  He could be heard baying from several far away locations.

We ran all the way back to the barn, then back to my house, not a full 5k, but almost.
Darkness fell and Peter doesn't go out after dark without his head lantern (you think I'm kidding, but I ain't).
With Panic Level up to Orange now, I began canvassing the neighborhood.  No better way to get shot then by knocking on a rundown trailer door after dark.
No luck.  I'm driving back home with tears in my eyes when the head lights caught his reflective harness.  With his tongue hanging to  his knees, he accepted a ride.

Feeling quite smug.
Meanwhile the rest of us were decidedly unamused.

Our first run together, thanks, Peter!

We appreciate it, I think!