Friday, October 6, 2017

In a Nutshell

Spending a few weeks in bed recuperating from surgery seemed like a vacation the first couple of days,

then the heebie jeebies set in when the medical bills began rolling in.  Alone the hospital's portion of the surgery is over $14,000.  Every day a new claim pops up on my Blue Cross account.  Every other day, I'm on the phone trying to whittle it down.  Thus far, I'm on the hook for $11,240 (my $8000 deductible, +%20 overage Blue cross won't cover and $2150 ultrasound performed by a clinic that was out of network).  Canadian readers are all confused at this point-- just be grateful.

No use laying around worrying when I can be busy...

Providing shuttle service for Tommy back and forth to the vet school!  He's home now, enjoying the room service in his Hilton Club Suite.

In a week, he'll be cleared to rejoin his wench in the ox pasture.
I've commandeered a pokey little golf cart to get around.

Low to the ground, all the dogs can get in unassisted and slow as molasses so I can't hit any potholes at my usual Mach 2.

We plod to the Boonies every day to let the dogs romp. 

Peter needs his 2 mile hikes daily to keep his hip dysplasia from getting the best of him. And my surgeon said to walk, she neglected to impose a mileage cap!

Dax, no longer cast out at a boarding facility has begun to grow again.
4 pounds gain in a week, we're catching up.

Every day brings new training opportunities.

My little troop isn't synchronized--getting close!

After a long day, the little tyke crashes at my feet over supper.

He's quickly figuring out that his two weeks of lounging around in a crate while being boarded are over forever.  Now it's go, go ,go!

Who said work had to be all tedium?

Flynn and I have embarked on a habitat study of our resident alligator:)
One must know thy neighbor, from the 5 footers to the 5 inchers.

Ran off the trail to avoid crushing this beauty.  Larval form of the Regal Moth.  Oooh, ahhhh.
Back to the tedious task of preparing for the impact of another potential tropical storm.

Nate doesn't appear to be as ominous as Irma, but we've rolled in the welcome mat as a precaution.
No, I'm not following doctor's orders. Call me a conscientious objector.  I did try (worst two days of my life).  I have things to do, man!  Flynn is at the helm for the next couple weeks, alas, he didn't expect me to be his auxiliary pain in the ass by Day Four.  
A concerned friend did send a care package to help me wile away the time. 

Sneakily effective.

When's the last time you played with crayons?

Staying within the lines is for the less adventuresome.
And Play-Doh, who can resist?

My masterpiece. Please, no flash on the cameras, it might harm the artwork.

You know you're kindred spirits with someone when their dog sends you a guardian angel.

Kindred spirits also know how to get you killed:  send you a chicken suit when you have a bird dog.

I say, I say, dammit boy!

I even received a new rock for my collection.

This one being a representation of my little family.
Yes, I have many things to be thankful for:




Thanks indeed for sisters.
That package took me hours to savor.  Ever so thoughtful Gina even included sustenance for the job.

My sister from an other mother!