Saturday, October 7, 2017

Ingredients

The recipe for a proper birthday begin days in advance.  Firstly, a cake or two must be baked and sampled for the next five days.

My favorite:  rose geranium tea cakes.
By the time my birthday rolled around on Friday, I was out of cake.  I went out for ice cream to make up for it, but I'm getting ahead of myself.
Friday morning was spent dealing with issues on the farm and then the dogs and I made our escape-- to another state no doubt!!!

The mushing team invaded Roosevelt State Park, Georgia.
Dax insisted on being the lead dog, which will eventually be his position, ONCE he learns Gee and Haw, and how to stay on trail.  Much time was spend untangling them from trees.

Our fearless leader.
Great training opportunity nevertheless.

Some of the trails were very technical and required my little man to use some brain power.

There must always be play.

And ice cream.


Dax was so tired, he fell asleep in his bowl.

Comatose the entire hour drive home. 
We only hiked 4 miles, but it did us all in.  It had been a couple days since I'd had the kind of pain that stops you dead in your tracks, catches your breath and makes your eyes water.  Found it again at mile 3.  No, I will never learn, quit even thinking that in my case, age brings wisdom.  All I think, each time, is that I can outsmart, out maneuver the inevitable.  It's one of my most charming qualities. 
We all perceived ourselves differently.  I think of myself as an unflappable, tenacious 46 year old.  Y'all probably see a pig headed middle aged woman who needs to be smacked upside the head.
Yup, I like my view better, ha, ha!