Thursday, September 20, 2018

Chester Gets A Package From Canada

Chester is trying to establish residency here at the farm.  He's even receiving mail here now.

My mother sent him a care package of doggie items, hand-me-downs from her old Bearded Collie.

Plenty of boots, jackets, harnesses and toys.

Look out, Dax, you are to be usurped as Grandma's Favorite.

"I've never had a rain jacket before, is baby blue my color?"

"I don't know what a life jacket is for, but I have a feeling I won't like kayaking?"
Chester is better versed in riding on land.

Took to being chauffeured like he was born for it.

Teaching him to stay in the dog carrier on my ATV took 10 seconds... Dax still hasn't figured it out.

He's a great guy, never in the way, but always there.

As Peter still won't accept him, Chester has partnered up with Dax.

 Supervised run have been initiated, he a little awkward and socially gauche with the other dogs, but we're working on it.

Ooooh Chester, you're a hot mess!
280 lbs of canine presence always within reach in the evenings. Is there a weight limit on mattresses? My bed is now officially crowded.