Sunday, June 9, 2019

Sum of my Days

This one's been rougher than expected. I was all smiles before the nerve block subsided. 

Can do attitude prevailed.

Even bounced down the trails to take all the dogs for a romp in the Boonies.

The pain was oppressive, but manageable. 

I got this,  Garrett!

Pardon the pun, but a walk in the park.

Fun was had by all canines.

It was to be the last Boonies outing of the week .
Didn't take long for the party to end.

Spent some quality time in bed with these two loons and volumes of ice on a propped up flamingly burning foot.

Helps to have both a comedy duo. 

And professional snugglers.
I did manage to get a lot of office and accounting, my least favorite chores. 

But,  I was determined to be productive in the barn. 

The little train that could had penciled herself in to do all the barn work by herself over the weekend. 

A decision soon regretted when one feeding took me 4 hours to complete. And then I had my own crew to feed at home,  by the time I was done it was about 10 PM. That's when my coordination (or lack thereof) took a swan dive down the stairs.

I'll now be taking applications for stunt doubles.  I'm  in no shape to be doing my own stunts any more. 

Yup, midnight run to the urgent care clinic. 

This is the kind of pain that clears your sinuses.
Radiographs showed that no few of my hardware was out of place,  nothing else broken,  just a few stitches busted. 

Patched up and wrapped,  I'm released. 
The weekend was saved by angels who insisted on coming in to help at the barn.  I'd been steadily telling everyone I could handle the weekend on my own.  Hahahaha. Thank goodness I was overruled. 
As a matter of fact,  everyone has been considerate,  well,  except for one who shall remain unnamed. 
I'll give you a hint: this guy keeps her warm at night. 

If I could treat myself with the same kindness I receive from others,  I'd have it made.
   "Going alone gets you the faster,  but together,  you go further".