Friday, July 16, 2021

Master of Disaster

 Friday was its normally hectic day.  Things were going great, the afternoon was winding down and I was trying to cram in a few more chores with Vannah and Luke's help before losing them for the weekend. 

Vannah had toiled in the hot tractor shed putting a nice edge on 6 of my bush hog blades, and we were determined to get them back on TODAY.  I was under the deck of the bush hog holding the heavy blade in place while she cranked above me with giant ratchet.  I lost my grip on the blade and it thwacked me in the noggin.



Vannah had the best quote: "Let's ask Jamie how sharp the blades are". We cleaned it up, we argued a bit.  It's about 1-1/2 inch long gash, she said I needed stitches; I said we needed to put the blades back on.  I won.  

Contractors, guests and staff left, I had a couple more hours of work to do... if I could just find my phone.  I retraced all my steps of the day.  I gave up and went back to work.

By around 8, it occurred to me I should use the Find My droid app to locate the damn thing.  Turns out it was 30 miles away off a busy highway.  I never left the farm today, but somehow, my phone sure did.  An hour later, it's deactivated, I've filed a claim and a new one is one the way.



Or is it?  Replacement phone is on backorder.  Seriously ?!? 



 Whatever.  My noggin is throbbing, I've packed the crack in my skull with Neosporin, I'm going to bed.