Tuesday, July 6, 2021

Squatter

 About a week ago, I had to evict another squatter from my chicken coop.



Negotiations took 30 minutes.  He wasn't coming willingly.



The more I held onto his body, the tighter he clung tp the mesh.



Not wanting to damage his scales, I finally opted to cut some of my chicken wire to pull him out. 

The last snake one was relocated a mile away and I swear he came back.  I read up on snake relocation research and was saddened to learn that they don't stay in the area you relocate them in.  What they do is take off in a straight line to try to find their way back to their territory.  I thought of bringing him to my new place, there's 1000's of acres of woods behind it, but there's a busy road a few hundred yards away and a big hay field across the road where he might get chopped up.  Nope, Slick was driven 5 miles away to a Nature Preserve up the road.



Biggest darn rat snake I've ever seen, over 6 feet long, I guess organic eggs are good for you!!!