Monday, January 27, 2014

Dining In

This is my botched attempt to capture Cole's happy dance.


OK, Imagine Baryshnikov's dance in Swan Lake. Got it?

This is why Cole was so excited:


I brought home take-out.  We never have take-out.  I rarely go to restaurants, but I had won this $40 gift card to Outback Steakhouse over a year ago for winning 3rd place in a half marathon.  I was afraid it would expire soon and I'd had a particularly difficult day, so I treated us.


Our guest, Teddy, loved it, I thought it was over salted.  Then I thought of the steer in a crowded feedlot that made this steak and I almost cut it all up for the dogs.  But, by golly, it smelled so good.  Guardian of farm animals, please forgive me for consuming one that hasn't been organically and humanely raised...I promise to say a dozen hail heifers!


Have you ever seen such big eyes?  He knows the other steak is in that Styrofoam box.

By tomorrow all of ours eyes should be like pee holes in a snow bank from all the excessive salt on that food.  That shall be my penitence. 

Speaking of snow, we are predicted to get an accumulation of it here tomorrow.  For real!  The university has closed down.  I will need to stay at home to monitor the situation, on cross country skis, I hope. 

Bring it on! Pleaseeeee.

Addendum to previous post:

Cole isn't the only one to inherit accidentally shrunken expensive wool sweaters. Check out his Canadian cousin, Sushi.


J Crew never looked so good!