Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Field Trip

Field Trip!!! 
Tommy and Daphne were overdue for hoof trimming.  Tommy loaded easily.  We had the unforeseen good luck of coercing Miss Daphne in too -- only 30 minute ordeal versus her previous escapades.

They shouldn't be blamed for not wanting to go to the vet school.No merriment here at all.  The vets have only 10 minutes to finish Tommy's feet.  Any more can cause irreversible blood flow loss to his organs.  I hate going too.  I spend my time on the sidelines one step away from an anxiety attack.  This visit ended with too much excitement:  Tommy was hung up on the table, on a diagonal, with the chains jammed. I was headed to my truck to get my knife to cut him free myself when they broke the mechanism loose.  
We both need to hug after an entire day devoted to a pedicure!
An animal's love and trust are greater reward than anything else.  So says me!