Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Optimism on "E"

My gas tank of Optimism is running low.  Improper equipment use from other's becomes a drain on my time and energy.  HOURS spent fixing other people's messes makes me...
...grateful to have a furry pit crew.  Thank the heavens, all I have to do is get on my knees and bury my head on some fur to keep from going postal.  
Huge, huge tip of the hat to all John Deere forums, youtube, Garrett, Pete and Cole for helping the farm save beaucoups bucks on service and repair.  
The older tractor did respond to a new sensor, but decided to spring a coolant leak, just to challenge my Tourette's Syndrome.
I was valiant, until I had the experience, the same day, of turning a short drive to drop off scrap steal, into a four hour ordeal.
The tire on the ancient massive 1940's generator trailer blew at mile 4.  
My choices:
-sit by side of road and cry
-try to get odd tire size brought to the middle of nowhere
-drive on the rim and start a forest fire
-creep at 5 mph to keep the lopsided tire on.

Last alternative = four hours.  Downside:  I'm so exhausted, I can't sleep.  Upside:  do you realize how many wildflower blooms are bursting with intoxicating fragrances?
Second upside:  You meet people. One older guy ran after me with his cell phone to video this insane woman with her geriatric trailer.  He sent it to his brother down the road... who then came to the curb to wave and cheer me on.  (That's how slow I was going and that's how nice country folk are).
I made it to destination.  The trailer rim, protected by a sliver of rubber remnant, survived.  The trailer now has a chance at refurbishing rather than it's only other venue--- recycling yard.   Ha!  

Now, I slink back into my room and curl up into a fetal position, hoping life's adventures can skip my address for a day.
Shhhhh.