Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Back Home

Cole was discharged today.
Huge thank you to Dr. Matz, Jeff, Liz, Heather and all the other fine folks who gave 110%.
Cole with Liz, one of the finest people I know and his assigned student, Jeff, who will soon be a fine vet.

We're homeward bound.
No news on the pathology results from the tumor cytology.  We'll cross that bridge next week.  For now, we've won ourselves some extra time.  One year is equal to 7 for him.  Let's shoot for 14!
The surgeon says there's no reason we shouldn't be in Wyoming by September.  Our adventures ain't over yet. His 6" incision should be healed in 3 weeks.
His insurance will eventually reimburse me over $3000, I'll only be out of pocket $1000.  We'll be OK, chickens are laying, garden is producing...only luxury items are being axed, adieu sweet colorist!  My hair will soon match his grey beard.  This episode has surely sprouted more.  I'll be wearing hats for a while:(