Wednesday, October 9, 2019

Cancelled Plans

For weeks, I'd had plans to attend the International Masters Pentathlon competition being held in Atlanta on my birthday.  As last week progressed, the more burned out I became, and by 9 PM Saturday night, while still at work, I threw in the towel and decided that being on the road 6 hours the next day wasn't in my best interests.
I was bummed.

Until friends sneaked up to the house and hid in my dining room to surprise (give an old woman a heart attack) with cake and an orchid.  Chocolate should be on everyone's birthday breakfast menu.
Unscripted, I took my balloons and got to work in my recently returned camper.

Glow in the dark balloons.

The majority of the day was spend scrubbing every surface of the 1954 Kropf.

...with all supervisors in tow.

The Pest.

The Investigator.

Nary a nook or cranny unsnorted.

The Clown.

Searching in vain for the air conditioning vent!

Instead of returning to the comfort of the house, Peter, not wanting to miss any of the activity, settled in nearby.




Micah never missed a moment from his post.

A day of recovery spent with fur buddies, just what the doctor ordered.
Even took two of my favorite old men for a spin.

The vet said 32 year old Henry and 22 year old Roscoe would benefit from more exercise.

Trying them out to see who would be the best lead pony and who would be best ponied.

Henry, retired over a decade ago, was one focused individual under saddle.  A former team roping heel horse, you could tell he had moves in his youth.
How to make a 48 year old woman happy: riding two previously never ridden and not eating dirt.

The fabulous day ended at the home of the same friends who'd hidden behind my buffet cabinet.

Adjanie is a competitive archer.

 10 minutes of scanning Youtube tutorials to recall how to string my long bow.

An entire day devoted to projects and play.

A great day, not near anything I had planned, yet better!