Friday, October 18, 2019

Making It All Work

Until I can figure out the time space continuum mystery, mere 24 hours in a day will persist.  I'm looking to up our game at a nice round 30 hour day.  Who's with me?
The trick every day is to use my time at peak efficiency.  Since Flynn has been off on medical leave since Labor day and my other worker is now gone, I've been working little bits of management magic every day.  Number one, don't feel bad for me, I love a challenge and my solitude. Number two, Heather and Lisa have been taking Peter to physio for me, and Cristian and Adjanie regularly come in on Sundays to lend a hearty hand.
If you don't get a day off, the key is to find moments in the day to squeeze in your agenda while still performing work.  Enter my bicycle:

In lieu of booting around on a utility vehicle, I've taken to the mountain bike.  This way, I get my workouts, plus I'm doing physio for my surgery foot AND I'm exercising and training the heathens.

Going back and forth between the barn and all the houses adds up to a lot of miles a day. 

 Throw in a check on beaver activity and you've got your cardio for the day.  

Because riding with the dogs is no leisurely affair.  Micah and Dax cruise at top speed this old gal has to keep up, or risk losing them.

Which is something that has happened more than thrice, hence they sport GPS collars and electronic collars. Now, I can watch Dax on a handheld screen run away from me, while he ignores the corrections his electronic collar is giving him.  He's just a mess and always will be, but he's my mess and I adore him.

Getting up extra early in the mornings to try to ambush the day and get more done also involves the dogs.  Both pointers continuously take turns sitting behind me on my desk chair or in my lap.  



Enter the free leather couch from Facebook Marketplace.


What if I could cut it in half and make them a seat by my desk?

Never taken a couch apart before...

Tenacity required.

We have the office annex.  Kind of like the barn office...

Work flies by with these kind of helpers around. 

I swear they're smarter than some college students.  I told Dax I didn't want him behind me while I was cleaning stalls that it was too dusty at ground level.  I turn around to throw shavings in the dump wagon and he's watching me from high on the tractor seat.  

My kids are not morons.

Make every day an adventure:

Our evening commute, notice Micah is bringing home a box: