Wednesday, February 8, 2017

The Joys of Trip Preparations

Sometimes I think I get too much pleasure from the planning aspects of a trip.
Is it wrong to get giddy about vacuum sealing a mountain of dog food?
We spent last evening in the barn until 11 PM waiting out severe thunderstorms with the horses. May as well be productive and change the oil in my car.
I have dedicated most evenings to reading through my new owner's manual.
The tome.
Almost a third of it covers the entertainment/navigational system!!! Yet, the most rudimentary maintenance (oil change) is not covered.  Must be top secret.  My weapon of choice:  Youtube.
Even checked the quality of my antifreeze, we are going to the Rockies, ya know.
Being extra prepared helps get one over hurdles thrown in the way by a certain German Shorthair Pointer.
Monday's emergency:  Cole slashed open his leg, requiring 4 stitches.
We're taking the faded petunia and his embroidery work to Montana anyway.
The three amigos will ride again.